OPEN ENROLLMENT ENDS NOV 30, 2023
The OWA has been pleased to offer medical insurance to its members for over 25 years. Our plans are available to women and men, individuals and firms, in architecture and other design fields. The plans allow individuals access to a group coverage which can offer significant advantages over an individual plan.
Currently, we offer our members the choice between five health plans with HealthNet of California:
Members can enroll under three scenarios:
- Open enrollment is every November for a December 1st effective date.
- New members may enroll the first of the month following joining the OWA.
- Current members that have missed open enrollment can enroll if they have lost other coverage, but they must enroll within 30 days of the lost coverage.
Please contact our plan administer Anne Jakiemiec of Northgate Benefits if you have any additional questions.
Senior Account Executive
384 Bel Marin Keys Blvd.,
Novato, California 94949
Health Net of California has:
- a network of nearly 49,000 contracted physicians
- 570 physician group locations and 4,400 pharmacies
- a solid base of 2.5 million members A.M. Best Rating of A- (Excellent)
To see if your providers are in a network with Health Net, please check with your doctor or visit the Health Net Website: https://www.healthnet.com/portal/providerSearch.action.
The OWA insurance is treated by Health Net the same as any employer group plan. The plans utilize the following networks:
- Standard Medical Plan
- HMO – Full Network Small Group (Platinum, Gold, Silver, GF Plans)
- PPO – Large Group / Small Group (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, GF Plans, HSA Compatible, HDHP)
Our contract with Health Net renews every December 1 when the rates and benefits are subject to change. New OWA members can enroll in the health plan upon joining, effective the first of the month following their membership in the OWA. Current OWA members in good standing who are not currently enrolled may join the health plan at open enrollment effective every December 1. Members may also join outside of open enrollment during the year if they can provide proof of a loss of other group coverage within 31 days of the loss of that other coverage.
If an individual joins the plan as a member of a firm, and then leaves the firm, they can continue the insurance as an individual at the same rate, as long as they maintain the premium payments and remain a member in good standing of the OWA.
Firms can offer their employees the choice of all available plans allowing flexibility for different employee needs.
Each participant must maintain a regular yearly membership in the OWA in addition to plan payments.
For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 499-1764.